Transformational Change for People and the Planet: Editing 27 Authorskarenwolf2022-09-17T14:44:50-04:00
Professional School Counseling Journalkarenwolf2023-03-22T20:57:19-04:00
Newsletters for State School Counselor Associationskarenwolf2023-03-22T20:58:48-04:00
Resilience in the Aftermath: A Distressingly Evergreen Topickarenwolf2022-09-17T14:45:30-04:00
Measures Make the Difference: Cover Story on Showing Your Valuekarenwolf2022-09-17T14:45:39-04:00
The Strategic Project Leader: Developing a Second Editionkarenwolf2022-09-17T14:45:49-04:00
- Copyeditor and project manager, Transformational Change for People and the Planet: Evaluating Environment and Development, Juha I. Uitto and Geeta Batra, editors. (Springer, 2021, open access) On the pressing question of how to achieve transformational change that reconciles development with environmental sustainability, this book addresses the role of evaluation in finding sustainable solutions, applicable to fields including climate change mitigation and adaptation, energy efficiency and renewable energy, natural resources management, and biodiversity conservation.
- Editor, Environmental Evaluation and Global Development Institutions: A Case Study of the Global Environment Facility, by Geeta Batra, Juha I. Uitto, and Osvaldo Feinstein. (Routledge, 2021, open access) Despite technological progress and high-profile international agreements—such as the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on Climate Change—trends still point to the possibility of disastrous outcomes and the urgency needed to avoid them. Evaluation is increasingly important for finding sustainable solutions based on a systematic analysis of what works, for whom, and under what circumstances.
- Copyeditor and project manager, Ethical & Legal Issues in School Counseling, 4th Edition. (American School Counselor Association, 2017) Editors: Theodore P. Remley, Jr., JD, Ph.D.; Wendy Davidson Rock, Ph.D.; and Rashunda Miller Reed, Ph.D.
- Copyeditor and project manager, Developing Essbase Applications: Hybrid Techniques and Practices, edited by Cameron Lackpour. (CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, 2015)
- Stylistic editor and copyeditor, The Strategic Project Leader: Mastering Service-Based Project Leadership, 2nd edition, by Jack Ferraro, PMP. (CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, 2014)
- Stylistic editor and copyeditor, Project Management for Non-Project Managers, by Jack Ferraro, PMP. (AMACOM, American Management Association, 2012)
- Copyediting and formatting: Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, Revised Edition, flagship professional book of the American Physical Therapy Association, 2014.
- School Counselor Resource Series, a series of curriculum guides and white papers sharing best practices in school counseling. (American School Counselor Association, 2012). Katy copyedited and supervised the layout of:
- Group Counseling with Elementary Students, by Kathleen Tillman, Ph.D.
- Mastering Test Anxiety, by Anita M. Knight, LPC, Ph.D., and Lucinda West, Ph.D.
- Working with Your Administrator, by Linda Brannan, BSW, M.Ed., NBPTS
- Assistant editor since 2012 of Professional School Counseling, scholarly journal of the American School Counselor Association. Includes special issues on:
- Males of Color and School Counseling
- Evidence-Based School Counseling
- Urban School Counseling
- School Counselor Leadership
- Transforming Schools for LGBTQ Students
- Editor: Newsletters for State School Counselor Associations. Five times per year, edit and deliver electronic newsletters addressing topics relevant to school counselors, customized for 50 state and territory school counselor associations. Published by American School Counselor Association.
- Edited content for comprehensive websites created to accompany two PBS productions, “When Worlds Collide” and “World War II Behind Closed Doors: Stalin, the Nazis and the West.”
- Served as managing editor of Oracle, newsletter of the Association of Professional Investment Consultants.
- Served as editor of SPAN USA Network News, newsletter of Suicide Prevention Action Network USA.
- Served as associate editor of Making Waves, quarterly magazine published by American Women in Radio and Television
- “Resilience in the Aftermath” – ASCA School Counselor (American School Counselor Association), May/June 2020
- “Working From Their ‘Why’” – ASCA School Counselor, March/April 2019
- “Measures Make the Difference” – Perspectives (American Physical Therapy Association), Spring 2019
- “Passion and Purpose Drive Pro Bono Service” – Perspectives, Winter 2018
- “Taking Your Practice to the Top” – AE (American Society of Ophthalmic Administrators), March/April 2018
- “Leadership: Not Such a Leap,” Perspectives, November 2017
- “Serve All,” from the “Live Love, Teach Peace, Serve All” issue of ASCA School Counselor, May/June 2017
- “Youth Apprenticeships: An Ancient Path to Modern Success,” ASCA School Counselor, November/December 2016
- “Presenting You: Build Your Presentation Power,” Perspectives, May 2016
- “Relentlessly Positive, Positively Determined” (Katherine Pastor, 2015 School Counselor of the Year), ASCA School Counselor, March/April 2016
- “Roadblocks on the Rural Route,” ASCA School Counselor, November/December 2015
- “Success Outside the Lines,” ASCA School Counselor, September/October 2015
- “A Role for PTs in Early Access to Muskuloskeletal Care,” Perspectives, September 2015
- “Your Advisors, Your Advocates,” ASCA School Counselor, July/August 2015
Selected Current and Past Clients
- American Mental Health Counselors Association, Alexandria, VA
- American Physical Therapy Association, Arlington, VA
- American School Counselor Association, Alexandria, VA
- American Women in Radio and Television, McLean, VA
- Association of Professional Investment Consultants, South Bend, IN
- Cameron Lackpour, editor and author, “Developing Essbase Applications: Hybrid Techniques and Practices”
- Global Environment Facility Independent Evaluation Office
- Jack Ferraro, author of “The Strategic Project Leader” and “Project Management for Non-Project Managers”
- Hollywood Post Alliance, Pasadena, CA
- InfoZen, Inc., Rockville, MD – Transportation Security Administration
- Magna Systems, Inc., San Francisco, CA
- NASW News, National Association of Social Workers, Washington, DC
- National Institute for Governmental Purchasing, Herndon, VA
- Project Enhancement Corporation, Gaithersburg, MD – U. S. Department of Energy
- RipeData, Fairfax, VA
- STAT Association Marketing and Management, Fairfax, VA
- Suicide Prevention Action Network (SPAN) USA